In order to promote the skills of labors and the development of economy and society, the government promulgated the ’Regulation for Technician Certification and Licensing’ in September of 1972, and firstly enacted Standard of Skill Test, ’the Skill Testing Standards of Refrigeration and Air Conditioning’ in July of 1973. And, skill tests have been conducted for more than 30 years since 1974 with certain achievements and contributions. In the future, this office will still work hard on establishing the certification system of skill tests and takes various approaches to catch up with the alterations of the environment to develop more benefits.
- Convenient for the public: Combining the information system, simplified inquiry, and registration procedures to provide the fastest, widest, and deepest service.
- Customer first: Promoting full functional one-stop window, and immediately responding to diversified public demand.
- Innovation and improvement: Action team with originality and stressing innovation, alteration, and improvement to promote service quality.
Skill tests are ones of the motive powers of the development of modern commerce and industries. The reason why the industries of advanced countries always lead the world is actually because those advanced countries had already established the skills system. Since the industrial structure of our country is developing toward high-tech industry, skills needed by all the enterprises are getting more and more professional; therefore, the skills certification system will be an inevitable trend.
- Establishing related mechanism of professional bodies to promote and conduct professional skills certifications.
- Promoting the participation of industries and enlarging the participating levels to make skill tests conform to industrial demand and effectively promote the substantial efficacy.
- Connecting the technician certifications with international ones on a reciprocal basis to get mutual recognition among corresponds to promote the movement of international labor force.